BMW 1100

Viser 5 indlæg - 1 til 5 (af 5 i alt)
  • Forfatter

hi all , looking for information on the BMW 1100 ,the one I have started to restore was missing the bonnet and a broken windscreen .In trying to line up the replacement bonnet I have noticed the piece of metal under the front window has an upward bend before I heat it up and push it back down my Question is—– is this meant to be straight or curved 2nd picture show how bent it is .There is also a picture of an Olympia and a Lincoln I am also working on not sure how the Olympia will turn out as 5 the roof pillars are broken and one is cracked .

Hi Shane
    It is a MG 1100 her in Europe and Peter Got the missing part you niet
    Is ther a name on the botten plate

G’day good buddy.
    The Morris/MG 1100, I don’t have.
    On the subject repairing roof pillars, I’m kind of an “expert”.
    I use 0.5mm aluminum sheet metal, attaching them with “super/crazy” CA glue and baking soda.
    Using the window as template, to test that the new piece fits.
    Pictures of my latest rescued models.
    The very best from Bertel

hi Flemming ,
    thank you Peter has already sent me the missing part in fact several dozen replacement parts for various models over the last few months.

Hi Bertel ,
    thanks for the information I use a similar method but use split pins as the source of
    the new pillar , lots a different sizes (width) , one curved edge and one flat . I too managed to obtain from Peter one of those catalogues , love it , makes restoration and purchases a lot easier .

Viser 5 indlæg - 1 til 5 (af 5 i alt)
  • Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.